Time to move on from the iPhone and onto what the future is going to bring us…
Just some iPhone updates…. It seems like the white iPhone has been delayed again and no date has been given as to when the white iPhone will be available. Is this going to be another PR problem or are Apple creating greater demand? Only time will tell…
Now to the iMac… Shipment dates for the entry level iMac has slipped and resellers have been told to not stock anymore. This is normal and gives us some idea of what products Apple will be updating. The iMac did receive a major update last September, although it is called a major update I don’t think it was that great as they only changed the screen. I think Apple could do many different things with this product the one thing that I am confident of is a name change. My reason… iDevices run iOS and other Devices run OS X.
This doesn’t mean that they will completely drop the iMac name… There have been rumours of an iMac running iOS with a touch screen. This could be very possible.
It also seems that the Mac Pro is becoming unavailable. I have previously said that this product needs an update. What will Apple do? I have no idea, how do you make the best desktop in the world better? Bigger processor? Bigger Hard Drive? USB 3.0? More RAM? Better graphics?
It will be a very interesting time for Apple. They haven’t had a great year for marketing and have had to do quite a bit of PR so they need to make people believe that they can make perfect products again!
Check of Apple on YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/Apple
Don’t forget to click the ads and if you own a small business keep checking this blog as I will be giving Marketing advice soon!
Just had a sudden thought. With Apple changing iPhone OS to iOS it leave a question in my mind. It seems like Apple is making all the mobile devices idevices.
Could this mean that Apple will change the name of the iMac to remove the i?
This could be an interesting discussion. I think it might get a change but to what? Any ideas of names?
Oh wait. Yesterday there was a rumour that Apple will be bring in iOS to the iMac. Now that would make sense.
Looks like we could be into something awesome from Apple soon.
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
This is just to silence those people who think the blackberry even compares to the iPhone.
101 reasons why the iPhone is better than the Blackberry
- Three devices in one. (revolutionary phone, widescreen ipod, breakthrough internet device)
- More than 200 000 applications.
- It runs Mac OS X
- Multi-Touch Display
- Bigger Screen – 3.5’ Display (did I mention it is a TOUCH display)
- Intelligent Keyboard ( which only appears when I NEED it)
- Light sensor (changes brightness of display according to natural light conditions)
- Conference Calling is simple (then again everything on the iphone is simple)
- Conversational Style TEXT (Brilliant, and it can send MMS with just a software update)
- Did I mention Software Updates (If there is/was a feature missing it is just a software update away, no need to buy another phone)
- The Full Internet (Flash is not the internet and most videos on the web are NOT flash)
- Voice Control
- Cut, Copy, Pasta (It is the better than any other mobile platform)
- Landscape Keyboard
- Spotlight – search the whole phone instantly!
- Voice Memos
- Find my iPhone – This is great if you live in SA!!! MobileMe required
- Email – the best email on a mobile device
- Syncs with iTunes seamlessly – no additional software require that no one knows how to use!
- Visual Voicemail – Your phone might have it but it doesn’t do it like an iPhone!
- Silent Button – This has saved my life more than once!
- No ugly keys!
- Looks so much better
- It fits in your hand nicely – unlike the blackberry
- Do more with Contacts
- Apple users have ONE address book, other people have an address book for evey device!
- Keep contacts in Sync – with MobileMe
- Ringtone – the standard ones are nice but you can have anything you want!
- Genius recommends songs in the ipod application
- Zoom In with a pinch
- Zoom Out with a pinch
- Double tap to zoom in
- Bookmarks sync from your computer
- Favorites on your home screen
- Shoot video in widescreen
- Edit Video on the go
- Share video anywhere
- Tap to focus – does your phone chose what to focus on?
- Sync photo’s with iTunes
- Voice control to play music
- Maps – Has to be the best maps application on a Mobile platform
- Language – Change the language on the iPhone and the keyboard changes, can a blackberry do that?
- Keyboard adapts for each application
- Shake to undo – I have to laugh
- Tethering wirelessly
- App Store!!!! Did I mention over 200 000 applications
- Once you have purchased an app it is yours FOREVER, unlike the blackberry where you have to buy it each year.
- Edit the home screen – You chose what the phone looks like!
- iTunes – Buy music on the fly
- Calendar – Syncs with Yahoo, Google, Outlook, iCal, MobileMe, Microsoft Exchange. (And people say Apple isn’t compatible)
- Scientific Calculator
- Weather App
- Notes App
- Parental Controls
- Remote Wipe if your phone is stolen (Requires MobileMe)
- Word documents look better on the iPhone
- World Clock
- Alarm – multiple alarms which are so easy to use
- Volume buttons – People actually know how to change the volume
- Preferences – ALL settings in one place. (that’s why I love Apple products)
- Screen Shot – hold the sleep/wake button with the home button for 3 seconds and you can take a screen shot!
- Restore – Restoring is so easy with iTunes and you can even restore from the phone directly. (nice if you suddenly want to sell the phone, just restore and it will delete all you information)
- 16/32GB of built in memory (no one wants to use memory cards)
- No removable battery (All the phone I had they all come lose, I don’t want to take the battery out if it last long enough, which the iPhone does)
- Price – Ferrari or a Tazz (It is expensive cause it is a brilliant product, blackberry’s are free because…..)
- Only one type of iPhone – Don’t give me too much choice cause then I will be confused, I’m buying the phone cause of what it can DO(software).
- You know who makes the iPhone, who makes Blackberry?
- If you own an iPhone you are cool
- If you own a blackberry you are normal
- iPhone Market Share growth in one year was 131,6%
- Blackberry’s Ma
rket Share growth in one year was 45.2% (The lowest of all smartphone manufactures)
- 3G on the iPhone is actually 3G
- Support for Nike+
- Multitask like never before!
- 960 x 640 resolution display – WOW!
- FaceTime – Video calling which is better than any other handset
- HD Video recording
- Video editing (Did I mention it is HD)
- Folders – because there are so many apps, we need folders
- Home Button – It just awesome to say that your phone has a Home button
- Organise your apps – Put the apps where you want them, not where the phone wants them!
- GeoTagging photo’s and video
- Speaker phone actually sounds good and is useable
- Spell check – I need this
- Email Threads
- Places in Photo’s
- Face’s in Photo’s
- iBooks sync wirelessly to all your iDevices for FREE
- 802.11n Wi-Fi
- Gyroscope – Don’t ask, it just makes it better
- LED Flash for the camera – beat that!
- Secondary microphone for noise cancellation
- 326 pixels per inch and your eye can only see 300 pixels per inch
- Comes in two colours, Black or White – now that is cool!
Things they don’t tell you when you go get a new phone or upgrade:
- That the free internet you are getting on a Blackberry is costing you R60 a month and is only free for downloading mail and applications that use the internet. If you actually go onto the internet you WILL get charged.
- If you get a blackberry you will be called Strawberry Boy.
- If you get an iPhone random people will come up to you and ask about your phone. You WILL become an opinion leader in the phone industry.
- Most importantly – THEY DON’T TELL YOU THAT THEY HAVE iPHONES IN STOCK!!!!
If you think I have left anything out or duplicated something let me know and I will make changes.